Marketing a business can be one of the most expensive and time consuming parts of running a small business. However, it is worth it when you bring in new customers and have more sales with those who have already done business with you. When you stop marketing your business, you will lose your customers because they will forget about you!
Here are some ways to market your business for little (or no) money.
- Network, network, and network some more! You need to get your name and your business out there and one great way to do this is by networking. Go to local events and find people to talk to. Make sure that you also listen to them! You can also network online. Join groups on social media that are filled with people with similar interests.
- Focus on building relationships. Building a business is all about creating relationships with your customers (and potential ones). Join forums and offer advice to help others. Join social media sites and really focus on showing others how you can help them. However, it is also important to become friends and build trust with those you talk to.
- Collaborate with other businesses. If you can find other businesses that will work well with yours, you might be able to put your marketing efforts together. You can refer your customers to them if they need their services and they will do the same for you. Maybe you can find a way to offer packages together, to make it easier on your customers.
- Start an email list. Email marketing is a good way to reach a lot of customers and potential ones. Done right, an email list can really help you grow your business. Give something away for free to grow your list quickly and then constantly give your readers content that they want to share which will increase your reach!
- Don’t be afraid to use social media. Social media marketing is a great way to reach a lot of people. Millions and billions of people are on Facebook and Twitter so why wouldn’t you try to reach some of them? One or two viral pieces can really help get your business name out there.
- Give out coupons to new customers as well as your regulars. Coupons will help to bring in new customers. People are more likely to try a new place or product if they have a coupon. Once they buy it and like it, they are more likely to come back. Coupons can also reward your regular customers so that they keep coming back too!
- Give out free products. Though it can be hard to give your products away for free, it can be worth it. A free product can sway people toward your products. If they are satisfied, they will keep coming back. They will also be more likely to refer your business to others since they are happy with your products.
- Ask for referrals. Most business owners are shy about asking for referrals but your customers need to know that you want referrals. It is even better if you reward those who refer others. They will be more likely to continue to refer your business, helping you grow without dipping into your marketing fund.
Marketing can be hard, time consuming, and costly, though it doesn’t have to be. You just need to be comfortable and network, network, and network some more. You should also focus on building relationships instead of making sales. You may also be able to join up with some other businesses to mutually help with your marketing.
As a small business owner, you should use social media and email marketing. With a little time (without much cost), you can reach a lot of potential customers. Be sure to offer coupons and free products to get new customers and keep old ones! They will really appreciate it and show you by using your business!
To learn more about how to improve your marketing strategies, don’t hesitate to get in touch with us today!