Have you ever visited a website and wondered why it has an entire page dedicated to a blog? Blogs are the best thing that can happen to a business, especially if you are a small business looking to grow your website traffic and turn that traffic into profits.
What is a blog exactly?
Oxford dictionary describes it as “a regularly updated website or web page…written in an informal conversational style” Well that’s pretty accurate as far as a description, but you may really be wondering why should I care about blogging?
One of the main reasons you should care is that blogging is typically done on a regular schedule and will keep your website fresh, drive additional traffic to your website and if done well can help you gain traction on the search engines. Really in a word SEO (search engine optimization) is why you should be blogging.
Your blog can be about anything, but it’s a great way to promote your products, services or expertise in your business industry. Word have a lot of power and if you use them with the right amount of creativity and innovation you could achieve “authority” status in your industry. This could really make you stand out among the competition.
More reasons why you should blog!
- A blog will help drive traffic to your website.
- A blog can help convert your traffic into leads.
- Blogs build credibility and make your business more visible. A blog can help establish you and your business as the authority in your industry.
- Your blog can help you build a stronger relationship with your customers, by asking questions and encouraging user interactions.
- You can build a base of loyal followers who will help spread your message to their network of friends, family, co-workers, followers, etc.
- You can use your blog for special promotions.
- If done right and with high quality original content your blog can drive long-term results.
- Your blog can help you stand out from your competition.